Sign of bed bugs can be difficult to detect as they appear at night and are minute in size. Bed bug invasion may originate in bedclothes and on and inside mattresses. Bloodstains on blood sheets can be a sign that you have bud bug trouble at night people spin onto bedbugs while sleeping resulting in bloodstains on bed sheets. Existing bed bugs leave dark spots of dried excrement on contaminated surfaces. Bed bugs also radiate a slight, stale smell. It is important to know how to detect bed bugs.
Impression of bed bugs
Bed bugs have compressed wingless, reddish-brown or brown bodies. They may appear in bed sheets, ramparts, garments and closed baggage. Bed bugs can be found in confined spaces, and shadowy locations where they can stay out of sight and sheltered. Mattresses and additional furnishings are also probable spaces that may also crowd these parasitic insects.
How to ensure for bed bugs?
- Look for bed bug eggs, fecal droppings and spotting, shed skins, & live bug underneath the box spring.
- Switch off the lights and begins with the confined spaces like close to the beds, closests visually check with a fine, strong light and then check the pillows, bed sheets, and mattress carefully.
- Bud bugs leave their fecal dung of reddish brown or red in color dung on the surface of the bed behind which is a sign of their presence also looks for droppings on mattresses, bed sheets, carpets and pillows.
- Lift the mattress or box frame slowly and check underneath the base of mattresses and the spring box frame is the common place where they can be found easily.
- Bottom of the bed edge is a mainly preferred place for bed bugs to hide because this place is near humans and is an uninterrupted and well concealed place on the cot to hide in.
- Go through all the intact places, cracks in the ceiling and walls near the bed. Look under the beds, chairs, at the back of hanging pictures, mirrors, behind and under the dresser table, around and within electrical outlets, along with the ground, etc.
- Systematically and cautiously inspect the mess on the floors, furniture, bookshelves and closets, etc. as they are all good hiding and much loved spaces by bed bugs. Bed bugs do not bite in a straight line their bites show up inflamed, red swollen and have a small dip in the center which resembles a mosquito bite. Do not make sure the bite yourself because the diagnosing bed bug bite is also not easy for experts.
What should be done after ensuring the presence of bed bugs?
- Encasement’s play a significant part in shielding and protecting your belongings.
- After examination goes for the treatment process (pest control) which is simple and will help in eliminating the bed bug problem.
- Use good quality protection material to cover your bedding’s
- Use laundry bags for garments and protect your clothing’s.
- Bed bugs can be easily transported from one place to another so always protect your clothing’s with suitcase protectors